A Book Publishing Industry First
PrintStream offers the book publishing industry a first: a comprehensive enterprise wide business and production management software system specifically designed for the unique business challenges and opportunities of Book Publishers. Streamline Solutions, a leading software development firm, has partnered with successful book publishers in the United States and Canada to bring a fully featured Book Estimating capability to the PrintStream software suite.
PrintStream has been a leader in providing fully featured ERP systems to the Print, Direct Mail and Fulfillment industries. With PrintStream Book, the streamlined efficiency of a single end-to-end management system is now available to Book Publishers as well.
PrintStream Book offers a complete book estimating solution. The feature rich design addresses everyday process planning including multiple page counts, signature management, case making estimate processes, selecting the best imposition for the page count, tracking binding sequences, scheduling and tracking book components, efficient "just in time" materials purchase scheduling, efficient carton packing plans, and applying trim groups for best practices. PrintStream provides your organization with the benefits and efficiencies of a fully integrated system. Now estimates can be turned into orders, jobs can be tracked and costs applied, outside purchases made and associated with the job and inventory checked as part of work order entry. Billing is handled as a continuation, not a separate part of the process with a full range of management and financial reports that allow analysis of the business result.
With PrintStream Book, your staff will no longer be required to maintain multiple stand alone applications with competing customer files, schedules and status reporting.
PrintStream Book… efficiency changes everything.
- Supports Multi-Plant Estimating capabilities, estimate becomes a specification layer which can be calculated on multiple plants within the same estimate to view production efficiencies by plant
- Supports 6 quantities per estimate with up to 4 different page counts on the same estimate
- Supports multiple bind styles on the same estimate, of which each can have 4 page counts and up to 6 quantities
- Supports multiple versions of the same bind style or different bind styles on the same quote
- Compares all running combinations for each component and automatically calculates most cost efficient impositions for each component on the estimate
- Calculates accurate Spine Bulk, Text Bulk, and Total Book Bulk for all bind styles and page counts on the estimate
- Calculates standard and custom carton specifications based on individual customer packing profile parameters based on ship to address
- Supports user defined price breakouts that can be customized to break out costs right down to the component level or even to the Make Ready and Run level by page count, bind style or version
- Supports customer supplied components, both printed and non-printed. Allows for finishing processes to be applied to supplied items, and has full integration to our Inventory module
- Calculates freight for each quantity and page count for multiple freight destinations based on ship to zip code; includes selections for additional freight add-on's to each destination
- Customer account status can be viewed as part of quote entry process
- Supports multiple plate making operations for each press
- Supports entry of Special Order Papers
- Displays on screen layouts for all components on estimate with option to print out layouts
- Shipping module integrates with Clippership for passing on shipping requirements and tracking of shipments including actual shipping costs
- Prepress processes are formula based and will automatically calculate prepress costs based on number of pages and colors
- Offers the ability to change the quantity on any component on the estimate
- Supports complete override capabilities for any component including the ability to force a press and template
- Templates allow all margin types to be added for all bind styles
- Supports case making for three piece covers on Hard Bound estimates
- Supports Requested Schedules on estimates, integrates with scheduling module to provide customer with accurate job processing dates
- Supports up to 99 versions on each quote
- Includes security features to control who has access to enter estimates, create job specifications, and create orders
- Supports unique sections being printed on the same press sheet; bindery is automatically calculated on total number of unique sections
- True manufacturing waste calculation down to component processing level, which is back calculated into the press run for each component; waste is also tracked right down to the bind style level on each component